Last revised: 1 January 2021
Cookies and other technologies
Personal data we collect
Through this website, b²sense may collect information that can specifically identify you, such as your name, email address, company, job title, address and telephone number when you voluntarily submit it to us.
Use of personal data
- to respond to requests you may make of us, including to provide services that you have requested and participate in activities that you have joined
- to contact you and/or provide you with general information as well as information about our products and services from time to time
- to share with agents, contractors or partners of b²sense in connection with services that these individuals or entities perform for, or with, our firm. These agents, contractors or partners are restricted from using Personal Data in any way other than to provide services for b²sense. We may, for example, provide Personal Data to agents, contractors or partners for hosting our databases, for data processing services, or to send you information that you requested, but those parties cannot use your Personal Data for their own purposes unrelated to the work they are doing for us
- to respond to duly authorized information requests of governmental authorities or where required by law
- to investigate suspected fraudulent activity in connection with the website or violation of another party’s rights
- in accordance with your request to be emailed as part of a communication to let you know when a new whitepaper has been uploaded to our site and is available for download.
Right to erasure
You may obtain from us erasure of your personal data, where
- the personal data are no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed;
- you have a right to object further processing of your personal data and execute this right to object to the processing;
- the processing is based on your consent, you withdraw your consent and there is no other legal ground for the processing;
- the personal data have been unlawfully processed;
unless the processing is necessary
- for compliance with a legal obligation which requires processing from us;
- in particular for statutory data retention requirements;
- for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
The security of your personal data is very important to us. We have put in place reasonable physical, electronic, and administrative procedures to safeguard the information we collect. Access to your personal data is granted only to those employees who require it in order to perform their duties. We cannot guarantee, however, that all communications between us or information stored on our servers will be free from unauthorized access by third parties such as hackers. Your use of our services demonstrates your assumption of this risk. Note that any information that is stored on our website server will be deleted every 30 days.
Information from children
This website is not directed at children and we have no intention of collecting personal data from young people. If we become aware that personal data from a child under age 16 has been collected without the consent of such child’s parent or guardian, we will use all reasonable efforts to delete such information.
As a convenience to our visitors, this website contains links to a number of websites that we believe offer useful information. The policies and procedures we describe here do not apply to those websites. We suggest contacting those websites directly for information on their privacy policies.
Access to personal data
We will make available to you personal data about you in our custody or control that we have collected, used or disclosed, upon your written request, to the extent required and/or permitted by law.
To request access to personal information that we hold about you, we require that you submit your request in writing by clicking on the "Contact" page. When we receive an access request from an individual, we will attempt to fulfill the requested information within 30 days, including requests regarding the personal data we have in our possession or control about the individual, what it is being used for, and to whom it has been disclosed, if applicable.
In certain situations, however, we may not be able to give individuals access to all or some of their personal data. If we deny an individual's request for access to their personal data, we will advise the individual of the reason for the refusal.
Accuracy of personal data
We make reasonable efforts to keep personal data in our possession or control, which is used on an ongoing basis, accurate, complete, current and relevant, based on the most recent information available to us. If you would like to correct, modify or delete your personal data, please submit your request in writing by clicking on the "Contact Us" link shown in the top-right area of this page.
Changes to this policy